- Preheat the oven at 175C. Put a bit of butter in the molds so the souffle does not get stuck.
- Bring a saucepan with water to the boil.
- Add chocolate and butter in a bowl, place it over the pan until it melts (make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water)
- Separate the eggs; put the eggs whites and yolks in separate bowls
- Add the sugar and vanilla to the yolks and beat well until fluffy
- Once the chocolate and butter mix has melted, remove from heat and add yolks – fold them in.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sugar to the eggs whites and whip until they form soft peaks. Carefully fold whipped egg whites into the chocolate mix.
- Pour batter into the molds and bake for 15/20 minutes.
While the souffles are in the oven, make the creme anglaise:
- Combine milk, cream and seeds from vanilla bean in medium saucepan. Bring milk mixture to simmer. Add vanilla bean. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk egg yolks and sugar. Add little by little milk mixture into yolk mixture. Return custard to saucepan. Stir over low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5 minutes (do not boil). Strain sauce into bowl. Cover and chill.
When the souffles are ready, pour creme anglaise in the centre of the souffles, sprinkle some icing sugar and ENJOOOOOY!!!